Caerphilly Observer
Member Sign in Manage Membership
Become a Member - no ads
Menu
  • News
    • Senedd
    • Business
    • Newport
    • Opinion
  • Sport
    • Rugby union
    • Football
  • Membership & Subscriptions
  • Notices
  • Obituaries
  • About
    • Advertise
  • Sponsored Content
Menu

Markham

Named after Sir Arthur Markham, a director of the Tredegar Iron and Steel Company, the village was developed in 1910 for workers after mining shafts were sunk in the area.

Latest News

  • Concerns raised in Senedd as dentists quit NHS contracts in WalesWednesday, March 18, 2026
  • RSPCA Cymru is appealing to find this horse's owner
    RSPCA launches appeal to find injured horse’s ownerWednesday, March 18, 2026
  • The A469 between Pontlottyn and Tirphil
    Council still hopeful of A469 funding deal but is willing to go it aloneWednesday, March 18, 2026
  • The greyhound racing track in Ystrad Mynach
    Welsh greyhound racing ban backed by Senedd MembersWednesday, March 18, 2026
  • Police believe this man might have information that could help with the investigation
    Police investigating after car and bank cards stolen in burglaryWednesday, March 18, 2026
  • Thumbs up for new padel court at empty industrial unitTuesday, March 17, 2026

Find out how the communities of Caerphilly County Borough get their names

Caerphilly

Legal & Public Notices

  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesThursday, March 5, 2026
  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesFriday, February 6, 2026
  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesFriday, January 23, 2026
  • Notice of application for a variation of a premises licence: Morgan Jones Bowling ClubThursday, January 15, 2026
© 2009-2026 Caerphilly Media Ltd, Caerphilly Miners Centre for the Community Watford Road Caerphilly, CF83 1BJ. Incorporated in Wales No. 07604006.