Caerphilly Observer
Member Sign in Manage Membership
Become a Member - no ads
Menu
  • News
    • Senedd
    • Business
    • Newport
    • Opinion
  • Sport
    • Rugby union
    • Football
  • Membership & Subscriptions
  • Notices
  • Obituaries
  • About
    • Advertise
  • Sponsored Content
Menu

Markham

Named after Sir Arthur Markham, a director of the Tredegar Iron and Steel Company, the village was developed in 1910 for workers after mining shafts were sunk in the area.

Latest News

  • RSPCA Cymru is appealing to find this horse's owner
    RSPCA launches appeal to find injured horse’s ownerWednesday, March 18, 2026
  • The A469 between Pontlottyn and Tirphil
    Council still hopeful of A469 funding deal but is willing to go it aloneWednesday, March 18, 2026
  • The greyhound racing track in Ystrad Mynach
    Welsh greyhound racing ban backed by Senedd MembersWednesday, March 18, 2026
  • Police believe this man might have information that could help with the investigation
    Police investigating after car and bank cards stolen in burglaryWednesday, March 18, 2026
  • Thumbs up for new padel court at empty industrial unitTuesday, March 17, 2026
  • Markham and District Band will perform at the National Brass Band Finals
    Brass band earns chance to represent Wales on national stageTuesday, March 17, 2026

Find out how the communities of Caerphilly County Borough get their names

Caerphilly

Legal & Public Notices

  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesThursday, March 5, 2026
  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesFriday, February 6, 2026
  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesFriday, January 23, 2026
  • Notice of application for a variation of a premises licence: Morgan Jones Bowling ClubThursday, January 15, 2026
© 2009-2026 Caerphilly Media Ltd, Caerphilly Miners Centre for the Community Watford Road Caerphilly, CF83 1BJ. Incorporated in Wales No. 07604006.