The owners of a Caerphilly town newsagents have branched out with a new venture in the centre of Cardiff.
The Suri family, who own Suri’s News on Cardiff Road, opened their Blue Jay bar and restaurant on Monday, May 17 – the first day indoor hospitality was allowed to reopen in Wales.
Caerphilly Observer was invited to the soft launch.
For the last six years the family have owned and run Spice Route in Cardiff Bay, but wanted to change direction.
VSR Suri said work on the new establishment, which is located opposite the city’s Motorpoint Arena, began back in August last year and was completed in December.
However coronavirus restrictions meant they were unable to open until now.
Mr Suri said: “From the experience of running Spice Route, we wanted to shift to a fine dining experience.”
- Young tennis coach presented with national award
- Paedophile jailed for nine years after string of child sex offences
- Man suffers puncture wound in chest after forestry assault
- Price beaten in final as he returns to darts action after three months
- Support announced for businesses still affected by ongoing restrictions
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime