The price of using the new athletics hub in Oakdale has been revealed by Caerphilly County Borough Council.
The new hub, which is located on the school fields at Rhiw Syr Dafydd Primary School, has a six-lane, 300-metre floodlit running track and an additional area for off-field events like high jump, long jump, shot put, javelin and discus.
It is the first synthetic running track in Caerphilly County Borough, and cost £755,000.
The project, which was funded under the Welsh Government’s community hub grant, requires the athletics hub to be available for both educational and recreational use by schools and the wider community.
- Young tennis coach presented with national award
- Paedophile jailed for nine years after string of child sex offences
- Man suffers puncture wound in chest after forestry assault
- Price beaten in final as he returns to darts action after three months
- Support announced for businesses still affected by ongoing restrictions
The hub will have two storage units for equipment and a grassy area for school activities including sports days.
Use of the facility outside school hours will be limited to a curfew of 9pm to minimise noise nuisance to nearby homes, with floodlighting switched off by 9.15pm
The athletics hub is yet to open, with works still being carried out. The council hasn’t yet given an official opening date.
Visits to the hub will be operated via a booking system.
The prices to use the hub are:
- Track Hire – £35 per hour
- Recreational rate – £3 per session
- Half Day Event – £90
- Full Day Event – £180
- Group booking of fewer than eight people – £3 each per session
- Group booking more than eight (private coaching sessions) – £35 per hour
These fees will come into effect on July 1 and will be subject to a yearly review.
For more information or to book, contact Laura Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime