The death of a 57-year-old man in Risca is not being treated as suspicious, Gwent Police has confirmed.
The man was found unresponsive at the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal, near Dixons Place, at around 7.40am on Saturday, September 11.
A Gwent Police spokesperson said: “Paramedics from the Welsh Ambulance Service attended and confirmed that the man was dead. His next of kin have been informed.
“The death is not being treated as suspicious. A report has been submitted to the coroner in relation to the death.”
- Council continues to face calls for day care centres to return to pre-pandemic hours
- Father-of-two to run London Marathon to support liver disease charity
- Chief Medical Officer urges pregnant women to take up vaccine offer
- Three-time Super League winner Flower announces rugby league retirement
- Teen braves 700m zipwire challenge in memory of late best friend
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime