Caerphilly Observer
Member Sign in Manage Membership
Become a Member - no ads
Menu
  • News
    • Senedd
    • Business
    • Newport
    • Opinion
  • Sport
    • Rugby union
    • Football
  • Membership & Subscriptions
  • Notices
  • Obituaries
  • About
    • Advertise
  • Sponsored Content
Menu

Caerphilly teenager handed ASBO

News | Richard Gurner | Published: 10:27, Friday August 9th, 2013.
Last updated: 11:53, Tuesday August 13th, 2013

Ryan Davies of Wedgewood Court, Lansbury Park, Caerphilly, has been given an ASBO
Ryan Davies of Wedgewood Court, Lansbury Park, Caerphilly, has been given an ASBO

A 14-year-old boy from Caerphilly’s Lansbury Park area has been given an Antisocial Behaviour Order (ASBO).

Ryan Davies of Wedgewood Court, Lansbury Park, Caerphilly, was issued with a two-year ASBO at Cwmbran Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday August 6.

The court was told how Davies had frequently misbehaved and had been issued issued with a number of formal warnings as part of the Safer Caerphilly Community Safety Partnership’s ‘four strikes’ process.

The ASBO bans Davies from:

  • Shouting at, swearing or causing harassment, alarm or distress to any other person.
  • Throwing any object at any person, vehicle or property with the exception of taking part in any organised sporting activity.
  • Driving a motorised vehicle in and around the Caerphilly County Borough until he reaches the age of 16.
  • Attending the Lansbury Park Doctors Surgery unless for the purposes of attending a medical appointment or seeking medical attention.
  • Entering the Army Surplus store on Cardiff Road, Caerphilly.

Cllr David Poole, Cabinet Member for Community and Leisure Services at Caerphilly County Borough Council, said: “Antisocial behaviour of any nature will not be accepted in Caerphilly County Borough.

“In addition to offering these individuals appropriate support in helping to proactively tackle this behaviour, we will also take action when necessary to ensure they do not get away with behaving in this manner.”

PC Stuart Lewis, Crime and Disorder Reduction Officer for Caerphilly and Bedwas, added: “This young person’s behaviour was clearly affecting the quality of life of local residents and shop owners in Lansbury Park and Caerphilly town centre area.

“I hope that this Antisocial Behaviour Order sends out a clear message that antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated in the Caerphilly County Borough. Now that boundaries have been placed upon this young person, I’m sure it will provide some comfort and respite to the victims.”

7 thoughts on “Caerphilly teenager handed ASBO”

  1. Dean says:
    Friday, August 9, 2013 at 15:05

    The ASBO bans Davies from:

    Shouting at, swearing or causing harassment, alarm or distress to any other person.

    Throwing any object at any person, vehicle or property with the exception of taking part in any organised sporting activity.

    Driving a motorised vehicle in and around the Caerphilly County Borough until he reaches the age of 16.

    Attending the Lansbury Park Doctors Surgery unless for the purposes of attending a medical appointment or seeking medical attention.

    Entering the Army Surplus store on Cardiff Road, Caerphilly.

    He should be doing that anyway without an ASBO. What a stupid punishment he was given. A 6 week prison order with no free time or TV time over the summer holidays away from his friends would be far more effective. Charge him for the cost of the stay on a 100 year loan too so we aren't out of pocket.

  2. Stueyburr says:
    Friday, August 9, 2013 at 15:42

    I agree with Dean

    If there is no punishment for this behavior then there is no deterrent.

    In fact he gets his picture displayed on line – bet that earns him respect in his gang, crew, hood or whatever…

    Maybe he should be made the clean out the moat, mow the grass or sweep the streets to payback to the community that he disrupts.

  3. Lauren Helen says:
    Friday, August 9, 2013 at 17:15

    This is disrespectful to my little brother as he's only 14 and has been through alot the last few years and other problems whih messed his head up and he didn't realise what he was doing. This is put up for judgemental who know nothing about his life and what he's been through.

  4. Cheryl says:
    Friday, August 9, 2013 at 18:34

    "Didn't realise what he was doing" He's 14 for crying out load. Fourteen year olds know the difference between right and wrong. I don't care what he has experienced over the last few weeks or years, he's not worth the paper the ASBO is written on.

  5. Ryan Davies says:
    Friday, August 9, 2013 at 18:46

    haa. Thanks for the attention people im loving it 😀

  6. Lauren Helen says:
    Friday, August 9, 2013 at 18:48

    Are you him? Have you been in his body while everything he went through? No you flippin wasn’t so shut your mouth. He knows right from wrong but after what he’s been through, clearly put him through alot of stress and he didn’t know how to deal with it all and chose the wrong path to go down. He’s obviously worth the piece of paper and the attention you lot are giving him, unlike you who isn’t going to be well known for having a bad past but atleast everyone will know him and he’ll have respect from the “bad people” that’s doing it/been through it, ha!

  7. Lans Boy says:
    Friday, August 9, 2013 at 19:00

    Lots of people go through tough times without causing grief for others. This newspaper has simply reported the outcome of a legal matter and if young Ryan really is a decent lad he will use this as motivation to show good qualities and turn his life around. Incidents like this gave the estate a bad name which is a shame for all the decent people that live there to be tarred for the actions of people doing these daft things.

Comments are closed.

Latest News

  • Aerial view of the proposed development site (marked roughly in yellow) near Beaumaris Way, Cefn Fforest
    Decision day inches closer on contentious plans for 300 homesTuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Players from Aber Valley Wolves and Cardiff Blue Dragons' wheelchair sides following their game on February 8
    Aber Valley Wolves wheelchair side play their first competitive matchTuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Gwent Police's headquarters
    Tribunal rules Gwent Police discriminated against officer with HIV diagnosisTuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Heroes who rescued baby from burning car recognised as ‘Community Stars’Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Blackwood High Street
    Fire service called as blaze breaks out on high streetTuesday, February 17, 2026
  • An artist's impression of how the Lower Plas Court development could look
    Work underway on 58 new flats in town centreTuesday, February 17, 2026

Find out how the communities of Caerphilly County Borough get their names

Caerphilly

Legal & Public Notices

  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesFriday, February 6, 2026
  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesFriday, January 23, 2026
  • Notice of application for a variation of a premises licence: Morgan Jones Bowling ClubThursday, January 15, 2026
  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesThursday, January 8, 2026
© 2009-2026 Caerphilly Media Ltd, Caerphilly Miners Centre for the Community Watford Road Caerphilly, CF83 1BJ. Incorporated in Wales No. 07604006.