Two lucky households in Pengam are celebrating today after winning £1,000 each on the People’s Postcode Lottery.
The High Street neighbours won the money after the postcode NP12 3SZ was announced as a Daily Prize winner on Wednesday, January 15.
People’s Postcode Lottery ambassador Judie McCourt congratulated the winners, saying: “What a great surprise to start the day! Congratulations to all our winners.”
At least 32% of all ticket sales go directly to charity. The next opportunity local charities will have to apply for funding is January 21.
- Blackwood murder: Man released on bail
- Council pledges support to crowdfunding programme
- Bedwas earn bonus-point win at Ystalyfera
- Teachers are refusing to teach disruptive pupils
- Missing 83-year-old Blackwood woman found
- Teen who crashed car and headbutted police officer while drunk avoids jail
This draw was promoted by Maggie’s, which has received over £14.2 million from the postcode lottery. It runs a network of cancer support centres nationwide and offers support to anyone affected by cancer.
More than half a billion pounds has been donated to charitable causes across Britain and beyond through the People’s Postcode Lottery.