A 39-year-old man is in a stable condition after being stabbed in his back, chest and legs.
He was taken to University Hospital Wales Cardiff following the attack at Llanarth Square, Pontymister, Risca, at around 5.30pm on Friday, May 8.
A 47-year-old man from Risca was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
Detective Inspector Michelle Chaplin, of Gwent Police, said: “I can confirm we are not looking for anyone else connected to this incident but we are appealing for any witnesses or any individuals who may have any information relating to this, to please contact Gwent Police on 101, quoting log reference: 2000158365.”
Crimestoppers can also be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.
• Vytautas Skinkys, 47, of Park Place, Pontymister, Risca, appeared before Cardiff magistrates’ Court on Monday, May 11.
Skinkys was charged with grievous bodily harm.
He was remanded in custody and will appear before Cardiff Crown Court on June 8.
- Gwent Police issue more than 100 fines for Covid-19 breaches – including 15 at a house party
- Caerphilly covered in blanket of snow
- Police still looking into cannabis factory discovery
- Regional Senedd Member given new shadow cabinet role
- Police to take action against people who “blatantly” flout lockdown rules
- Number of new coronavirus cases continuing to decrease across Wales
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime