A 19-year-old drug dealer who “boasted to others about the money he was making” has been jailed for three years.
Kane Watkins, of Mountain View, Machen, was sentenced at Newport Crown Court on November 6.
He pleaded guilty to being involved in the supply of cocaine, ketamine, MDMA and cannabis.
Watkins was arrested following a police raid on his home on October 7.
PC Rhys Jones, of Gwent Police, said: “Watkins was supplying class A and B drugs throughout the Caerphilly borough.
“He is a young man and could have chosen any other path to follow but decided to engage in illegal drug supply.
“He boasted to others about the money he was making, but is now paying the ultimate sacrifice and starting a lengthy prison sentence where he can reflect on his life choices.”
- Pubs banned from selling alcohol and told to close by 6pm
- Teachers win prestigious awards at virtual ceremony
- Price beaten in semi-finals by world number one
- Health boards given more flexibility over hospital visits
- Christmas gifts to be delivered to 4,000 children
- New coronavirus restrictions for Wales’ hospitality sector
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime