Caerphilly Observer
Member Sign in Manage Membership
Become a Member - no ads
Menu
  • News
    • Senedd
    • Business
    • Newport
    • Opinion
  • Sport
    • Rugby union
    • Football
  • Membership & Subscriptions
  • Notices
  • Obituaries
  • About
    • Advertise
  • Sponsored Content
Menu

Two injured in crash at Ystrad Mynach hospital entrance

News | | Published: 16:40, Monday January 26th, 2015.
Last updated: 16:42, Monday January 26th, 2015

Two drivers were taken to hospital after a crash at the entrance to Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr closed the A469 in Ystrad Mynach.

A Gwent Police spokeswoman said they were called just after 3pm after a collision between a Volkswagen Polo and Ford Ka at the traffic lights by the hospital.

She said two women were taken to hospital but the extent of their injuries is unknown.

The road was closed for around an hour but has now reopened.

10 thoughts on “Two injured in crash at Ystrad Mynach hospital entrance”

  1. Cllr Richard Williams says:
    Monday, January 26, 2015 at 19:05

    I wonder what treatment the motorists required and whether Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr was able to help? If this accident had happened ouitside the MIners Hospital there would have been no doubt; in its heyday the Miners only transferred severe burns cases. All others were treated and admitted to a ward if required.

    Log in to Reply
    1. Trefor Bond says:
      Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 12:48

      It would be very interesting to know where these casualties were taken?

      Log in to Reply
      1. Emma Wallace says:
        Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 17:57

        Certainly not ystrad

        Log in to Reply
  2. Halo says:
    Monday, January 26, 2015 at 19:49

    Im not suprised the road is awful and the bit where three lanes merge into one is chaos.

    Log in to Reply
    1. Trefor Bond says:
      Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 12:49

      I actually saw a police car almost cause an accident on this road, the driver entered a lane for oncoming vehicles, it was pure mistake and easily done on this road junction,

      Log in to Reply
  3. Emma Wallace says:
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 17:56

    Should never have got rid of the miners. Ystrad hospital is a waste of money as only minor injuries are treated anything the involves a doctors forget it go elsewhere. What a waste of a building.

    Log in to Reply
    1. Cllr Richard Williams says:
      Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 19:18

      You are correct on all counts Emma. As well as the Miners Hospital we lost Redwood Memorial and Ystrad Mynach hospitals. All to build this glorified hotel where you get a room with a TV but next to no medical care.

      As one elderly resident, who was admitted to Ystrad last year, said to me “give me a ward in the Miners any day.”

      Log in to Reply
      1. emma says:
        Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 22:53

        I agree with u both they should never of shut the miners down okay it was a 24 hour A&E but at least they had doctor’s there to treat you .
        That new Ystrad hospital is a joke .
        Its run my all nurse’s y

        Log in to Reply
        1. emma says:
          Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 22:54

          Wasn’t a 24 hour A&E. It was ment to say lolz

          Log in to Reply
          1. Cllr Richard Williams says:
            Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 00:04

            You were right the first time Emma. You are perhaps much younger than me and can’t remember but the Miners provided 24 hour A & E, or casualty as it was then called, until the early 1980’s.

            I recall cutting my finger badly on a corned beef tin one evening in about 1987 and being surprised at being directed to the East Glamorgan as previously the Miners would have treated this injury. A most apologetic doctor told me then that if there was a life threatening condition, heart attack, arterial damage and the like then the Miners would still provide treatment ‘out of hours’ but restrictions had been put on cases they were allowed to handle.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Latest News

  • The new Class 231 train
    No trains between Rhymney and Cardiff for week-long tunnel worksFriday, February 20, 2026
  • doctor stock image
    Health boards working together amid global supply shortageFriday, February 20, 2026
  • Jane Mudd, police and crime commissioner for Gwent
    Up to £5,000 available for groups running community projects and eventsFriday, February 20, 2026
  • Cultural hub plan for Caerphilly Workmen’s Hall boosted by £270,000 grantFriday, February 20, 2026
  • Councillors across Wales set for 6.4% pay riseFriday, February 20, 2026
  • Plaid Cymru's Alison Vyas and Jeff Grenfell
    More success for Plaid in double by-election victoryFriday, February 20, 2026

Find out how the communities of Caerphilly County Borough get their names

Caerphilly

Legal & Public Notices

  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesFriday, February 6, 2026
  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesFriday, January 23, 2026
  • Notice of application for a variation of a premises licence: Morgan Jones Bowling ClubThursday, January 15, 2026
  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesThursday, January 8, 2026
© 2009-2026 Caerphilly Media Ltd, Caerphilly Miners Centre for the Community Watford Road Caerphilly, CF83 1BJ. Incorporated in Wales No. 07604006.