World number one Gerwyn Price has been ruled out of Premier League Darts after testing positive for Covid-19.
Price, 36, from Markham, has been replaced in the competition by UK Open champion James Wade.
Reigning world champion Price tested positive for coronavirus on arrival at the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes, where the 17-day tournament is being held.
He has returned home and will have to self-isolate.
The Iceman had been due to get the competition underway against Gary Anderson – who he he beat in the World Championship final in January.
However, there will still be Welsh representation in the Premier League this year, with Llanelli’s Jonny Clayton taking part in the ten-man tournament.
- Labour’s Jeff Cuthbert re-elected as Gwent’s Police and Crime Commissioner
- Regional Senedd Members for South Wales East confirmed
- Labour holds Islwyn: Rhianon Passmore re-elected
- Caerphilly re-elects Labour’s Hefin David as its Senedd Member
- Merthyr Tydfil and Rhymney re-elects Labour’s Dawn Bowden as its Senedd Member
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime