A man suffered injuries to his face after he was reportedly punched in the head in Abercarn last month.
The incident happened at around 5pm on Saturday, March 20 near Gwyddon Road.
Gwent Police is investigating the incident and has launched an appeal to gather more information.
Police would like to speak with the man pictured, who was seen in the area at the time of the attack and may be able to help with enquiries.
Anyone with information, CCTV footage or dashcam footage of the area at the time can contact Gwent Police on 101, quoting log reference 2100097380.
Gwent Police can also be contacted through direct message on Facebook or Twitter, while Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 16-year-old suffers head injury after reported assault
- Boxer Lauren Price reaches Olympic quarter-finals
- Olympians are ‘an inspiration,’ says council leader
- Plaid Cymru vow to reject Gwent Public Services Board merger
- Vulnerable people will not be asked to shield – Wales’ Chief Medical Officer says
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime