A 39-year-old woman has ben arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving after a road traffic collision between a motorbike and a car.
The collision happened in Park Place, Gilfach, at around 8.45pm on Thursday 3 June.
The motorcyclist, a 26-year-old man, died at the scene and has been named by police as Owen Carey Thomas from the Gilfach area. His family are being supported by specialist officers.
Gwent Police is appealing for witnesses to come forward and any drivers who may have dash-cam footage.
Anybody with any information can contact police on 101, quoting reference number 2100194346.
Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Young tennis coach presented with national award
- Paedophile jailed for nine years after string of child sex offences
- Man suffers puncture wound in chest after forestry assault
- Price beaten in final as he returns to darts action after three months
- Support announced for businesses still affected by ongoing restrictions
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime