A 34-year-old man has suffered arm and chest injuries after a “serious assault” in Trethomas on Sunday evening (June 6).
The man, from Bedwas, was attacked on Navigation Street, with police being called at around 9pm.
There have been reports on social media that the victim was stabbed, but this has not been confirmed by police.
However, Gwent Police confirmed the victim’s injuries are “not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing”.
A Gwent Police spokesperson said: “Enquiries are ongoing and anyone with information is asked to call Gwent Police on 101, quoting log reference 2100197975.
“You can also contact us via social media on Facebook and Twitter or you can report any information anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”
- Young tennis coach presented with national award
- Paedophile jailed for nine years after string of child sex offences
- Man suffers puncture wound in chest after forestry assault
- Price beaten in final as he returns to darts action after three months
- Support announced for businesses still affected by ongoing restrictions
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime