A man who was arrested following a disturbance in Risca on Saturday has been released on bail.
The man was arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill, as well as assaulting emergency workers.
Police were called to an address on Holly Road, Ty Sign at around 3.30pm.
Armed police were in attendance.
A Gwent Police spokesperson said: “There were concerns for the welfare of a man and firearms officers attended as a precaution.
“He was later arrested, in the Station Road area of Risca, on suspicion of threats to kill, and two offences of assaulting an emergency worker.
“The man has been released on bail pending further enquiries.”
- 16-year-old suffers head injury after reported assault
- Boxer Lauren Price reaches Olympic quarter-finals
- Olympians are ‘an inspiration,’ says council leader
- Plaid Cymru vow to reject Gwent Public Services Board merger
- Vulnerable people will not be asked to shield – Wales’ Chief Medical Officer says
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime