Price, from Markham, was beaten 8-6 by Joe Cullen in the final, which was held in Milton Keynes.
The Iceman defeated Joe Murnan, Steve Beaton and Gary Anderson en route to the semi-finals, where he beat fellow-Welshman Johnny Clayton – the reigning Premier League Darts champion – to book his place in the final.
It was Price’s second consecutive tour final, having reached the final of the Players Championship 8 back in March, in what was his last outing before testing positive for coronavirus.
The positive test result forced Price, who is ranked world number one, to miss the Premier League Darts tournament.
- 16-year-old suffers head injury after reported assault
- Boxer Lauren Price reaches Olympic quarter-finals
- Olympians are ‘an inspiration,’ says council leader
- Plaid Cymru vow to reject Gwent Public Services Board merger
- Vulnerable people will not be asked to shield – Wales’ Chief Medical Officer says
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime