A 32-year-old man suffered a puncture wound in his chest following an assault in the forestry near Abercarn.
The man, from Gloucester, was taken to hospital and has since been released.
When police arrived at the scene on May 30, they found a number of vehicles and around 100 people gathered in what they believe to have been an illegal rave.
In a statement, Gwent Police said the gatherers “co-operated and left the area peacefully.
“It’s believed some of those who went to the event were also from the Swindon and Gloucester areas.”
Anyone with information can contact Gwent Police on 101, or through direct message on Facebook or Twitter, quoting reference 2100188520.
- 16-year-old suffers head injury after reported assault
- Boxer Lauren Price reaches Olympic quarter-finals
- Olympians are ‘an inspiration,’ says council leader
- Plaid Cymru vow to reject Gwent Public Services Board merger
- Vulnerable people will not be asked to shield – Wales’ Chief Medical Officer says
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime