Police are investigating after two 16-year-old girls were reportedly assaulted near a pub.
The incident is said to have happened at around 10.45pm on Sunday, July 18 near the New Duffryn Pub on Commercial Street, Aberbargoed.
A 21-year-old woman from Bargoed was arrested on suspicion of assault but was later released on conditional bail.
In a statement released on July 23, Gwent Police said enquiries are ongoing and urged anyone who was in the area at the time to get in touch.
Police said: “Anyone who may be able to assist our investigation with information, or has CCTV or dashcam footage, is asked to call Gwent Police on 101 quoting log reference 2100252736.
“You can also contact us via social media on Facebook or Twitter, or you can report any information anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”
- Council continues to face calls for day care centres to return to pre-pandemic hours
- Father-of-two to run London Marathon to support liver disease charity
- Chief Medical Officer urges pregnant women to take up vaccine offer
- Three-time Super League winner Flower announces rugby league retirement
- Teen braves 700m zipwire challenge in memory of late best friend
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime