Sporting volunteers from across Caerphilly County Borough have been recognised at a glamorous awards ceremony in Blackwood.
The Sport Caerphilly Awards were held at the Maes Manor County Hotel on Friday, November 17, where over 170 people were in attendance to celebrate and recognise those involved in community sport, and former British and Irish Lions and Wales star Lee Byrne was the evening’s guest speaker.
• Educ8 Ltd Young Volunteer of the Year – Darcy Boyes.
• Gwent PCC Volunteer of the Year – Klaire Rowland.
• Maes Manor Hotel Inclusive Coach of the Year – Natasha Evans.
• Langstones Supplies Ltd Community Coach of the Year – Sharon Clarke-Glastonbury.
• Jansanwear Club of the Year – Islwyn Running Club.
Six volunteers were also entered into the Lifetime to Sport in Caerphilly Hall of Fame, recognising their dedication to their community over a prolonged period, including:
• Rob Taylor – Devils Martial Arts.
• Lyn Cushing – Rhymney Valley Athletic Club.
• Alan Franklin – Cascade YC.
• Jan Williams – Ten Pin Bowling Club.
• Julie Boyce – Caerphilly Castle Ladies and Girls FC.
Cllr Nigel George, Cabinet Member for Community and Leisure Services, said: “The Sport Caerphilly Sport Awards provide a fantastic opportunity to acknowledge the fantastic work that is done by Community Coaches, volunteers and throughout Caerphilly County Borough.
“Well done to everyone involved.”