A man has reportedly exposed himself to two ten-year-old boys in Risca.
The boys are said to have been approached by the man as they walked along the canal path on Manor Road at around 3.50pm on Tuesday, September 17.
After the incident, the two boys ran off and told a passer-by, who contacted the police.
Gwent Police say they have searched the area and have increased patrols.
In a statement, the force said: “We are appealing for information from anyone who may have seen the incident or if anyone saw anyone suspicious in the area at the time.
“The man is described as being of slim build, with fair hair and a turn in one eye. He was wearing a grey hooded top and black jogging bottoms.”
Detective Inspector Laura Bartley, who is investigating the incident, said: “As far as we are aware this is an isolated incident.
“Officers are carrying out extra patrols in the area of the canal path and if you have any concerns, please do speak to them. If you see anyone acting suspiciously please call 101 or in an emergency dial 999.”
The police have issued the following advice to parents:
- If your children have a mobile phone, please make sure it’s charged and they carry it with them when they go out.
- Tell your children to stick to busier routes if possible.
- Make sure your child knows what to do if they feel unsafe – we’d recommend they shout for help and look to find an adult who can help.
- If your child reports anything suspicious, please take as much detail as possible and report it to us immediately by calling 101 or 999.
- If you do have information regarding this incident that could help, please call 101 quoting 1900344066 or send a direct message to our Gwent Police Facebook or Twitter social media pages.