An 89-year-old woman has been taken to hospital after being hit by a mobility scooter in Caerphilly town centre this afternoon (Wednesday, October 14).
The woman was taken to the Royal Gwent Hospital in Newport with a shoulder injury, Gwent Police confirmed.
The incident happened on Cardiff Road at around 3pm.
Caerphilly Observer understands an elderly man was driving the mobility scooter when the incident happened.
A spokesperson for the Welsh Ambulance Service said it “responded with one rapid response vehicle and one emergency ambulance”.
- Children receiving free school meals during half-term
- Review to be carried out into single person council tax discount
- Man released on bail after police attacked, cars damaged and window smashed
- Second round exit for Price at International Darts Open
- Protest at Caerphilly Castle over coronavirus pandemic
- Police release CCTV images as part of investigation into woman’s death
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
For the last ten years, Caerphilly Observer has provided an award-winning, balanced, and independent news service to the people of Caerphilly County Borough.
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member