A man arrested on suspicion of assaulting four police officers and causing damage to several parked vehicles and a house window has been released on bail.
The man, aged 21, was arrested after the incidents on Derlwyn Street, Phillipstown, New Tredegar, at around 5.45pm on Thursday, October 22.
A spokesperson for Gwent Police said the man had been arrested “on suspicion of three counts of attempted common assault of an emergency worker, one count of common assault of an emergency worker, affray, 12 counts of criminal damage and two counts of assault by beating.”
Damage was caused to several parked vehicles, but no police officers were injured during the incident.
- Woman born prematurely during Spanish Flu pandemic marks 102nd birthday
- Robber recalled to prison after breaking release conditions
- Black History Month celebrated in schools
- Caerphilly Tourism Association “disappointed” over removal of key marketing person
- Food bank collecting donations from doorsteps
- Marie Curie group to spread Christmas cheer with a mulled wine and mince pie delivery service
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime