Armed police officers were called out to a property in Ystrad Mynach after reports of a man “making threats”.
Police were called to an address on Brynmynach Avenue at 2.10pm on Thursday (November 26).
Police said a 30-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of affray, possessing a weapon in a public place and making threats.
He remains in police custody.
A Gwent Police spokesperson said: “Armed officers attended as a precautionary measure to ensure the safety of the public and local officers.”
- Gwent Police issue more than 100 fines for Covid-19 breaches – including 15 at a house party
- Caerphilly covered in blanket of snow
- Police still looking into cannabis factory discovery
- Regional Senedd Member given new shadow cabinet role
- Police to take action against people who “blatantly” flout lockdown rules
- Number of new coronavirus cases continuing to decrease across Wales
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime