A 23-year-old man from the Caerphilly County Borough area was arrested on suspicion of death by careless driving, following a Christmas Eve collision in Cwmbran.
Police are appealing for information after a Mercedes Sprinter van collided with a cyclist. The incident happened in the area of Cwmbran Drive and Henllys Way, at around 11am on Thursday, December 24.
A 64-year-old cyclist, David Power from the Cwmbran area, died at the scene.
A 23-year-old man who was arrested has since been released under investigation.
- Gwent Police issue more than 100 fines for Covid-19 breaches – including 15 at a house party
- Caerphilly covered in blanket of snow
- Police still looking into cannabis factory discovery
- Regional Senedd Member given new shadow cabinet role
- Police to take action against people who “blatantly” flout lockdown rules
- Number of new coronavirus cases continuing to decrease across Wales