The discovery of a body in Blackwood is still being treated as “unexplained”, Gwent Police has said.
Police received a call about the body, which was found underneath Chartist Bridge, at around 3.50pm on Tuesday, December 22.
A spokesperson for Gwent Police said: “Officers attended and enquiries are currently ongoing to establish the circumstances of the death.
“At the moment it’s still being treated as unexplained.”
- ‘Community stars’ recognised in virtual award ceremony
- Residents to be reimbursed and inspections to be carried out on homes
- Hefin David MS: “It is encouraging to see how well the vaccine rollout is going across Wales”
- Plans to build 164 houses on greenfield land approved
- Police precept increase of 5.49% agreed
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime