An 84-year-old man has died after he was hit by a car in Caerphilly on Tuesday (April 6).
The incident happened on Bedwas Road at around 12.20pm, with the road closed for around seven hours.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Welsh Ambulance Service and the Wales Air Ambulance also attended.
Gwent Police, which is investigating the incident, has said the man’s family are being supported by specially trained officers.
Police have appealed for witnesses to come forward with information.
Gwent Police can be contacted on 101, quoting reference number 2100118696, or through direct message on Facebook or Twitter.
Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 16-year-old suffers head injury after reported assault
- Boxer Lauren Price reaches Olympic quarter-finals
- Olympians are ‘an inspiration,’ says council leader
- Plaid Cymru vow to reject Gwent Public Services Board merger
- Vulnerable people will not be asked to shield – Wales’ Chief Medical Officer says
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime