Homes were evacuated in Blackwood this afternoon after a hand grenade was found in a garden shed on Conway Court.
The grenade was taken away by Gwent Police and examined by the Explosives Ordnance Disposal team, which confirmed it was not live.
A 100-metre police cordon was put in place around Conway Court, near Blackwood Showfield, this afternoon.
The cordon has since been removed.
- Young tennis coach presented with national award
- Paedophile jailed for nine years after string of child sex offences
- Man suffers puncture wound in chest after forestry assault
- Price beaten in final as he returns to darts action after three months
- Support announced for businesses still affected by ongoing restrictions
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime