A group of five Caerphilly builders are trying their luck on the EuroMillions lottery tonight after it was revealed their profession was the luckiest when it comes to playing.
Builders are apparently the luckiest group with the lottery with admin workers second and management third.
Tonight the EuroMillions Mega Draw jackpot is an estimated £85million, and the builders on the Parc Penhros Llanmoor Homes development in Caerphilly are trying their luck to bag the lot.
The workmates, from Blackwood, Pontypridd, Bargoed, Caerphilly and Aberdare, have all bought a line for this Friday’s draw, in the hope of becoming Wales’ latest lottery millionaires.
With the top price of a new home on the development coming in at £282,995, if one of the workmates was to scoop the jackpot, they could buy the whole estate hundreds of times over.
A National Lottery spokesperson said: “With £85 million up for grabs this Friday, construction workers will be hoping to build on their solid foundation with another skyscraping win. The most recent big EuroMillions winners were a family of builders, the Sturt’s banked £26.1m just last month.
“No matter what your profession is, with over 2,400 millionaires created and £36 billion paid out in prizes since 1994, it’s clear that lottery luck has touched every choice of career across the UK.”
The top 10 lucky lottery-winning professions, according to The National Lottery, are:
- Construction work (builders, labourers)
- Administration (Secretarial, Clerical)
- Manufacturing (machine operators, factory workers)
- Driving (lorries, taxis)
- Catering industry (cooks/chefs, publicans)
- Retail (shop assistants, retail workers)
- Financial sector (banking, insurance, stock market, accountancy)
- Care / Social work (carers, counsellors, charity workers)
- Medical (doctors, nurses, dentists)