The event, being held on Sunday June 22, already has 1,700 runners signed up.
Residents are encouraged to come out and cheer on the runners, whether at the finishing line on Crescent Road or at points along the route.
At the finishing line there will also be a Commonwealth Sports Park with a number of activities for families to take part in.
Entrant numbers and personal timing chips will be sent out so runners who have already registered should keep an eye on the post for their entry pack.
Any runner who has not received their entry pack by the Friday June 20 will be able to pick it up on the morning of the race.
This year the Caerphilly 10k will also incorporate the Welsh 10km Road Race Championships for 2014. Any runner wishing to enter the Welsh 10k Championships at the Caerphilly 10k will need to enter online before midnight on Saturday June 14.
Residents and visitors to Caerphilly on the day are advised that a number of roads will feature either full or part closures from 7am until 1pm.
The start/finish line is located on Crescent Road, which will be partially closed from Nantgarw Road to the junction of Heol Trecastell estate from 7am to 1pm and fully closed between 9am and 1pm.
The town centre itself and the road leading from the Bedwas Bridge Roundabout to Van Road will be fully closed between 9.30am and 12pm while Piccadilly Square (Piccadilly Lights) will be fully closed from 9.30am to 10.45am.
The road between the Cedar Tree roundabout and Bedwas Bridge roundabout will be closed to eastbound traffic only from 9am until 11.30am.
Due to the nature of the event and the diversions in place there will also be some delays and some bus stops will not be served by a number of bus routes.
Caerphilly Interchange and bus stops at Southgate Square, Castle Entrance and Ton-y-felin Chapel will not be in use until after 12pm.
Before 12pm all buses on routes 26, 50, C16, A, B & C will use the bus stop at Castle Court Bandstand and resume their routes at Piccadilly Square or Bedwas Road.
There will also be diversions in place for some services:
26 Blackwood – Caerphilly – Cardiff
• 1005 from Blackwood (1031 departure from Caerphilly) to Cardiff will not serve Pontygwindy Road between The Cedar Tree roundabout and The Piccadilly. It will also not serve Crescent Road.
50 Newport – Caerphilly – Bargoed
• 0955 from Newport (1030 departure from Caerphilly) to Bargoed will not serve Bedwas Road between Bedwas Bridge and The Piccadilly
A Graig-y-Rhacca – Caerphilly
• 1007 from Graig-y-Rhacca (1025 arrival in Caerphilly) will not serve Bedwas Road between Bedwas Bridge and The Piccadilly
• 1050 to Graig-y-Rhacca will not operate
• 1107 from Graig-y-Rhacca will not operate
B Senghenydd – Caerphilly – Cardiff
• 1110 from Senghenydd (1130 departure from Caerphilly) to Cardiff will not serve St. Martins Road. It will depart Castle Court Bandstand then resume its normal route from Watford Park.
Residents on Van Road and Pontygwindy Road in Caerphilly are reminded that parking restrictions will be in place on the morning to allow the Caerphilly 10k to proceed safely.
Cones will be placed along both routes on Saturday evening and residents are requested to find alternative parking arrangements.
The car park at Twyn Primary School and Ysgol Y Gwyndy (Former St Ilan site) will be available for residents of Van Road and Pontygwindy Road to park.
St Martin’s Comprehensive School will also be available from 7am on Sunday June 22 for any resident who wishes to leave Caerphilly Town Centre during the road closures.