Caerphilly Observer
Member Sign in Manage Membership
Become a Member - no ads
Menu
  • News
    • Senedd
    • Business
    • Newport
    • Opinion
  • Sport
    • Rugby union
    • Football
  • Membership & Subscriptions
  • Notices
  • Obituaries
  • About
    • Advertise
  • Sponsored Content
Menu

Four banned from Caerphilly town pubs as man cautioned for charity box theft

News | | Published: 16:59, Wednesday April 15th, 2015.
Last updated: 17:16, Wednesday April 15th, 2015

Four people have been banned from pubs in Caerphilly town over their bad behaviour.

The two men and two women, who have not been named, were banned under the town’s Pubwatch scheme for their bad behaviour last month.

• A 29 year old woman from Caerphilly was banned for two years following an assault at the Irish Tymes.

• A 21 year old woman from Caerphilly was banned for two years for an assault in the Irish Tymes.

• A 30 year old man from Caerphilly has been banned for five years following an assault on a member of door staff at the Irish Tymes.

• A 27 year old man from Caerphilly has been banned for two years following the theft of a charity box from the Malcolm Uphill.

The PubWatch Online scheme allows pub landlords to speak directly with each other and to Gwent Police.

PC Adam Lang, Caerphilly’s Night Time Economy Officer, said: “Many of the popular pubs in Caerphilly are currently signed up to PubWatch and if you misbehave in one, your information will be shared with Gwent Police and other pubs and you could receive a ban varying from one month to life.

“Behaviour like this will not be tolerated in these pubs, and people who act in this manner will be punished for their actions. This week we have now seen another four people banned for their behaviour – and with more pubs joining the scheme this month, I want to remind people that if you go out drinking this summer, please act responsibly.”

Dannie Stephens, Chair of the Caerphilly PubWatch and Manager at The Malcolm Uphill added: “Being part of Pub Watch we are acting together as licensees in Caerphilly to improve the night time economy experience for everyone.

“We want these bans to send a clear message that we will not tolerate violent behaviour in anyway.”

• Gwent Police has confirmed that following the theft of a charity box from The Malcolm Uphill pub on March 27, a 27-year old-man from the Abertridwr area was arrested and cautioned by officers.

4 thoughts on “Four banned from Caerphilly town pubs as man cautioned for charity box theft”

  1. Cllr Richard Williams says:
    Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 17:51

    “Following the theft of a charity box from The Malcolm Uphill pub on March 27, a 27-year old-man from the Abertridwr area was arrested and cautioned by officers.”

    I thought that, theft, or alleged theft, always resulted in a court appearance? I am wrong,now it seems that people can steal from charity and just get told they are ‘a very naughty boy .’

    The good news is that I hear this ridiculous caution system is going to be dispensed with in future and that a wrongdoer will have to make some form of restoration.

    Log in to Reply
  2. Cllr Richard Williams says:
    Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 17:51

    “Following the theft of a charity box from The Malcolm Uphill pub on March 27, a 27-year old-man from the Abertridwr area was arrested and cautioned by officers.”

    I thought that, theft, or alleged theft, always resulted in a court appearance? I am wrong,now it seems that people can steal from charity and just get told they are ‘a very naughty boy .’

    The good news is that I hear this ridiculous caution system is going to be dispensed with in future and that a wrongdoer will have to make some form of restoration.

    Log in to Reply
  3. Pete says:
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 17:04

    Come on then, name him. Who was he that nicked the charity box?

    Log in to Reply
  4. Pete says:
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 17:04

    Come on then, name him. Who was he that nicked the charity box?

    Log in to Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Latest News

  • The new Class 231 train
    No trains between Rhymney and Cardiff for week-long tunnel worksFriday, February 20, 2026
  • doctor stock image
    Health boards working together amid global supply shortageFriday, February 20, 2026
  • Jane Mudd, police and crime commissioner for Gwent
    Up to £5,000 available for groups running community projects and eventsFriday, February 20, 2026
  • Cultural hub plan for Caerphilly Workmen’s Hall boosted by £270,000 grantFriday, February 20, 2026
  • Councillors across Wales set for 6.4% pay riseFriday, February 20, 2026
  • Plaid Cymru's Alison Vyas and Jeff Grenfell
    More success for Plaid in double by-election victoryFriday, February 20, 2026

Find out how the communities of Caerphilly County Borough get their names

Caerphilly

Legal & Public Notices

  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesFriday, February 6, 2026
  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesFriday, January 23, 2026
  • Notice of application for a variation of a premises licence: Morgan Jones Bowling ClubThursday, January 15, 2026
  • Caerphilly County Borough Council public noticesThursday, January 8, 2026
© 2009-2026 Caerphilly Media Ltd, Caerphilly Miners Centre for the Community Watford Road Caerphilly, CF83 1BJ. Incorporated in Wales No. 07604006.