A leading supplier of spare parts and accessories for Land Rovers celebrated its 60th anniversary in style recently with a party at Caerphilly Castle.
Bearmach, which is based on the Pantglas Industrial Estate, started life in 1958 in an office in London by Karabet Torosyan.
By 1962, the company had grown and moved to bigger premises at Southpark Road, Wimbledon – a large, two-storey building with 3,000 square feet of floor space for offices, warehouse and packing departments. For four years, Bearmach had been supplying mainly bearings and electrical parts for Hillman cars, Bedford trucks and Land Rovers, but by now the exports consisted mainly of Land Rover parts.
Following several other moves throughout the decade to accomodate growth, the company eventually found its way to Bedwas in 2002. In 2005, Bearmach was named Welsh Exporter of the Year in the Business Awards for Wales and in 2007 was acquired by Grove Industries, who have continued the Torosyan family’s search for growth. That same year, Bearmach launched the HawkEye diagnostics tool, which won rave reviews by bringing state-of-the-art modern Land Rover engine diagnostics to the masses.
In 2008, with space yet again at a premium, additional premises were purchased: an extra 45,000 square feet, close to the existing premises in Bedwas. In 2016 the company opened an office in China. Bearmach now has more than 150 members of staff.
Sales and Marketing DirectorStuart Truckel said: “Bearmach is constantly improving and developing components that are more durable. We care about the customer and the products they are buying from us.”