An eyewitness to a car crash outside Caerphilly Municipal Club has spoken of her shock.
The woman, who did not want to be named, told Caerphilly Observer how she saw the white Nissan Juke speed along Brynau Road and crash into a telegraph outside the club on North View Terrace.
- Missing 83-year-old Blackwood woman found
- Teen who crashed car and headbutted police officer while drunk avoids jail
- King of Rock and Roll tribute show
- Estate agent to continue sales division after buy-out
- An evening with Welsh rugby hero Shane Williams
- More than £21m of council reserves could be set aside for capital projects
The crash, which happened at around 11.30pm on Sunday, December 1, was just before the junction with Market Street in Caerphilly town centre.
The impact of the crash brought down a telegraph pole and power lines.
The witness said: “Two minutes earlier and it could’ve been us. Ten minutes earlier and people were coming out of the Muni.
“It was lucky no-one was killed.”
The driver of the car got out and ran off and police are currently appealing for any information.