An eyewitness to a car crash outside Caerphilly Municipal Club has spoken of her shock.
The woman, who did not want to be named, told Caerphilly Observer how she saw the white Nissan Juke speed along Brynau Road and crash into a telegraph outside the club on North View Terrace.
- General Election 2019: Labour hold Caerphilly County Borough’s three seats
- Reports of a man exposing his genitals and ‘touching himself indecently’
- Volunteers arrange Christmas Day activities for the lonely
- School pupils find Pepsi can from the 1980s during litter pick
- What do polling clerks get up to?
- Joe Calzaghe wins lifetime achievement award at Wales Sports Personality of the Year
The crash, which happened at around 11.30pm on Sunday, December 1, was just before the junction with Market Street in Caerphilly town centre.
The impact of the crash brought down a telegraph pole and power lines.
The witness said: “Two minutes earlier and it could’ve been us. Ten minutes earlier and people were coming out of the Muni.
“It was lucky no-one was killed.”
The driver of the car got out and ran off and police are currently appealing for any information.