Cross Keys scored a try and a penalty try as they beat Maesteg Quins 14-3 in the WRU National Championship on Saturday, January 18.
Keys No8 Spencer Gibson opened the scoring in the ninth minute of the game.
Gibson’s try was converted by outside-half Loui O’Brien to give the Keys a 7-0 lead at Pandy Park.
- Welsh Assembly v French parliament: Caerphilly RFC to host charity match
- Caerphilly man recalled to prison
- Staff at Markham store raise more than £2,000 for Velindre
- Council tax increase of 4.7% to go ahead after budget approved
- Medal haul for gymnasts in grading
- Police warning after spate of burglaries
The score stayed at 7-0 until the stroke of half-time, when the hosts were awarded a penalty try to double their lead.
The Keys made several changes during the second half, replacing hooker Zac Hewlett with Connah Vaughan, and bringing on Tom Lampard n place of second-row Harvey Reader.
In the 65th minute, try-scorer Gibson made way for Chris Johnsey.
The visiting Quins scored a penalty shortly after but were unable to register any more points on the board before the full-time whistle blew.
The win sees the Keys remain in tenth place in the league table after 13 games.
Next up for the Keys is an away trip to Glamorgan Wanderers on Saturday, January 25.