A 65-year-old woman was grabbed by the throat while out walking her dog.
The woman was walking near the rugby fields in Fleur de Lis when she was approached by a man from behind at around 8am on Tuesday, July 28.
The woman was able to run off and was unharmed.
The attacker is described as being a white man in his 30s who was wearing a black hooded jumper and a blue face mask.
A Gwent Police statement said: “Anyone who has seen a man in this area acting suspiciously or has any information that could assist this investigation, is asked to call 101 or DM [direct message] us quoting 2000269927.”
Gwent Police can be direct messaged on Facebook or Twitter.
- 11-year-old girl released from hospital after being hit by car
- What business support is available for Wales’ “circuit breaker” lockdown?
- Wales to enter 17-day “firebreak” lockdown
- Brexit Party regional Senedd Members join new groups
- Third round defeat for Gerwyn Price at European Darts Grand Prix
- Caerphilly man arrested on suspicion of murder
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
For the last ten years, Caerphilly Observer has provided an award-winning, balanced, and independent news service to the people of Caerphilly County Borough.
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member