A 65-year-old woman was grabbed by the throat while out walking her dog.
The woman was walking near the rugby fields in Fleur de Lis when she was approached by a man from behind at around 8am on Tuesday, July 28.
The woman was able to run off and was unharmed.
The attacker is described as being a white man in his 30s who was wearing a black hooded jumper and a blue face mask.
A Gwent Police statement said: “Anyone who has seen a man in this area acting suspiciously or has any information that could assist this investigation, is asked to call 101 or DM [direct message] us quoting 2000269927.”
Gwent Police can be direct messaged on Facebook or Twitter.
- Pubs banned from selling alcohol and told to close by 6pm
- Teachers win prestigious awards at virtual ceremony
- Price beaten in semi-finals by world number one
- Health boards given more flexibility over hospital visits
- Christmas gifts to be delivered to 4,000 children
- New coronavirus restrictions for Wales’ hospitality sector
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime