No injuries have been reported after a car – driven by someone without a driving licence – crashed into a tree on Pandy Road, Bedwas.
The crash happened at around 1.35pm on Sunday, September 20.
A Gwent Police spokesperson said: “The road was closed for recovery work to be carried out and was re-opened at around 4.40pm.
“Enquiries are ongoing.”
Posting on Twitter, Gwent Police’s Caerphilly Officers’ account said: “What do you think will happen if you drive without a licence??? Crash into a tree you say? that would be correct!
“Thankfully this was the only vehicle involved and no person was seriously injured the driver will be dealt with for the offences.”
- More than 600 staff members at Peter’s Pies being tested for coronavirus
- New coronavirus test centre to open in Senghenydd
- Christmas lights competition launches
- Appeal to find missing 21-year-old
- Elderly residents learning how to use virtual technology
- 11-year-old girl released from hospital after being hit by car
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
For the last ten years, Caerphilly Observer has provided an award-winning, balanced, and independent news service to the people of Caerphilly County Borough.
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member