Markham’s Gerwyn Price has been knocked out in the third round of the European Darts Grand Prix.
World number two Price, 35, was beaten by Portugal’s Jose de Sousa on Sunday evening (October 18) in Sindelfingen, Germany.
De Sousa went on to win the competition, beating world number one Michael van Gerwen in the final.
Before the clash with de Sousa, Price beat South Africa’s Devon Petersen 6-2 on Saturday evening (October 17).
Last week, Price beat Dutchman Dirk van Duijvenbode 5-2 to win the 2020 World Grand Prix in Coventry.
- Pubs banned from selling alcohol and told to close by 6pm
- Teachers win prestigious awards at virtual ceremony
- Price beaten in semi-finals by world number one
- Health boards given more flexibility over hospital visits
- Christmas gifts to be delivered to 4,000 children
- New coronavirus restrictions for Wales’ hospitality sector
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime