Gerwyn Price has missed out on a third consecutive Grand Slam of Darts title after he was knocked out of the competition in the second round.
Markham’s Price was beaten 10-8 by England’s Nathan Aspinall in Coventry on Saturday (November 21).
Price, 35, found himself 7-3 behind against Aspinall, but managed to pull back to lead 8-7.
However, two missed darts at double four from Price took the game into a deciding leg, with Aspinall coming out on top.
- Gwent Police issue more than 100 fines for Covid-19 breaches – including 15 at a house party
- Caerphilly covered in blanket of snow
- Police still looking into cannabis factory discovery
- Regional Senedd Member given new shadow cabinet role
- Police to take action against people who “blatantly” flout lockdown rules
- Number of new coronavirus cases continuing to decrease across Wales
Price’s focus will now turn towards the Players Championship Finals, where he has been drawn to face Scotsman John Henderson. The competition will begin on Friday, November 27.
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime