Ask the recruitment expert, in association with Vetro Recruitment.
Christmas songs playing, decorations and lights galore, lovely smells of festive food and drinks… but Christmas was different. 2020 has presented challenges and grief for many since the Covid pandemic breakout, which led to many beginning their Christmas festivities earlier than usual to add some joy and ‘normality’ to their lives.
The ‘January Blues’ is a term known to many of us, but we can expect some differences this year. There will be many people so happy to see the back of 2020 that they’ve welcomed in January 2021 with open arms. But for others, the blues might be worse than previously experienced.
The Office for National Statistics research shows that the rate of depression in the UK has doubled during the Covid pandemic. Many people have lost their jobs and are filled with worry and anxiety.
We wanted to offer our top tips to help you recover as quickly as possible and beat the January Blues:
- Take some time out for yourself. Reflect on your future and what you can do to make changes.
- Review your finances – where can you cut back to ease the pressure a little?
- Whether you need or want a new job, consider your options. There are lots of free or low-cost short courses available to help you.
- Revamp your CV. You can use our “How to Write a Killer CV’ to help you. (Available on our website).
- Consider agency work in the Health & Social Care, or Education sectors. Our team can chat through opportunities with you.
- In planning your return to work, tackle the hardest tasks first.
- Stay connected with loved ones. Keeping those communication lines open is so important.
- Exercise. Releasing those endorphins helps your state of mind.
- Don’t wait to make those changes. Start today!
- Seek help if you need to.
Our team of expert Consultants is available to talk to you about a career in Care, Education, or the Nursing Sector. If you are interested in joining our agency, please get in touch today on 029 2166 0880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.