World number two Gerwyn Price hit six doubles from seven attempts as he beat Kim Huybrechts 6-1 in the European Championship first round on Thursday night (October 29),
Price, from Markham, averaged 103.68 as he beat the Belgian in Oberhausen, Germany, to set up a second round clash with reigning world champion Peter Wright.
The matchup will take place on Friday (October 30) at 7pm.
Wright, who defeated Gabriel Clemens 6-3 in the previous round, said: “I don’t mind having to play Gerwyn early in the event because if you’re going to win a tournament you have to be ready to beat everyone, I’m looking forward to it.”
- Woman born prematurely during Spanish Flu pandemic marks 102nd birthday
- Robber recalled to prison after breaking release conditions
- Black History Month celebrated in schools
- Caerphilly Tourism Association “disappointed” over removal of key marketing person
- Food bank collecting donations from doorsteps
- Marie Curie group to spread Christmas cheer with a mulled wine and mince pie delivery service
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime