Caerphilly County Borough Council has announced it is collecting cash donations for food banks in our community this Christmas.
Food banks provide emergency food and support to families and individuals who find themselves in financial crisis. They rely heavily upon donations, particularly over Christmas, and have seen demand for their support increase because of the pandemic.
The council is collecting cash donations as part of this year’s appeal to enable foodbanks to purchase the supplies they desperately need.
You can donate to the appeal online through the council’s website.
There are also donation points located throughout the county borough where items of non-perishable food can be taken throughout the year.
- Rhymney Integrated Health Centre
- Tesco, Ystrad Mynach
- Morrisons, Bargoed
- St Peter’s Church, Aberbargoed (Wednesdays 12.30pm to 2.30pm)
- Tesco Extra, Risca
- Morrisons, Rogerstone
- Aldi, Risca
- One Stop, Risca
- Asda, Blackwood
- Tesco, Crossways, Caerphilly
- Oasis Christian Centre, Bryn Road, Cefn Fforest (Thursdays 10am to 12pm)
- Asda, Caerphilly
- Connect Life Church, Crescent Road, Caerphilly (Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10am to 1pm)
- Rotary club pledges to support foodbank as cost of living crisis worsens
- Win tickets for the Professional Fighters League in Cardiff this Saturday
- Rugby coach who was caught with indecent child images ordered to do unpaid work
- Housing association’s factory is delivering homes and skills
- Megaday to return for first time since Covid with its ‘Megafest’ event
Sign up to our daily newsletter