Guests and staff were evacuated from the Premier Inn on Crossways Park today after a fire in the laundry room.
Fire crews from Caerphilly and Whitchurch were called to the blaze just after 6am, and the 50 metre by 12 metre fire resulted in the entire two-storey building being evacuated.
South Wales Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was caused by a washing machine.
Workers at the hotel were unable to comment due to company policy but a Premier Inn spokesperson said: “We can confirm that a small fire started at our Caerphilly Crossways hotel this morning.
“Our team member acted swiftly and the emergency services were called as part of our on site Emergency Fire Action Plan.
“All guests and team members were safely evacuated for a brief period from the hotel, and were able to re-enter the building shortly after the fire had been extinguished. The hotel is now operating as normal.”