A meet-up by car enthusiasts in a supermarket car park was shut down by police after 20 minutes.
Police went to Tesco in Ystrad Mynach on Sunday, September 6, after details of the car cruise were posted on social media.
Officers boasted of their work on social media and posted pictures of the cars with the hashtag #NotOnOurWatch.
A statement by Gwent Police released later said: “Officers attended to the car park in Tesco, Ystrad Mynach, shortly before 6pm on Sunday, September 6, following a report of a car meet.
- Free flu jabs for over-50s in Wales
- Christmas coronavirus rules: Three households can bubble for five days
- Pupil wins school Black History Month competition
- Wales ready to roll out potential vaccines from December 1
- Face masks to be made compulsory in all schools in Wales
- Appeal after attempted garage burglary
“Individuals were spoken to and left the area shortly afterwards.
“No offences were reported.”
The car cruise reportedly then moved to Blackwood Asda and the Rassau Industrial Estate in Ebbw Vale.
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime