A Newbridge man is wanted by police after he broke the conditions of his release from prison.
Shabaz Ali, 27, was jailed in July 2015 for aggravated vehicle taking.
He was sentenced to seven years and nine months in jail, but was released on licence in December 2020 – meaning he had to follow a set of rules, or risk being called back to prison.
However, Ali has now been recalled to prison after he broke those conditions, according to Gwent Police.
Gwent Police has previously told Caerphilly Observer that it doesn’t disclose details about licence conditions or what licence conditions have been broken.
Ali is said to have contacts in Newport and Birmingham.
Anyone with information on Ali’s whereabouts can contact Gwent Police on 101, quoting reference 2100005674. Gwent Police can also be contacted through direct message on Facebook or Twitter.
- Teen braves 700m zipwire challenge in memory of late best friend
- Dentist surgery given permission to more than double in size
- Organisers thank volunteers after Caerphilly’s Wales in Bloom success
- Bargoed edge Bedwas to maintain perfect start to season
- Caerphilly Council asks Welsh Government for £10.7m to help fund 210 new homes
Stay informed with quality, independent, local journalism…that matters
We believe the public should be informed about their community, coherently and with context. However, running a professional news service comes at a financial cost.
We are asking readers for their support to help us develop and grow our service.
Our membership costs from just £3 a month and in return, you can use our website without adverts.
Become a member – cancel anytime